The Way Podcast

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Monkees: "More Of The Monkees" & "Headquarters" in MONO Vintage Vinyl Rips


It's been a while since I've done a podcast so I thought I'd share something in the meantime. I recently ripped to mp3 my vintage vinyl copies of the Monkees 2nd and 3rd albums More of The Monkees and Headquarters, respectively. Both albums here are presented in their original and superior mono mixes. More of The Monkees in particular sounds miles better than my remastered CD copy, Jeff Barry's crisp pop production really comes to life on these vintage vinyl pressings in ways CDs can't quite replicate . Chip Douglas's production on Headquarters was never that great to begin with but the sound of the original vinyl pressing is significantly less dulled down than the CD reissues. However, Douglas's production would improve tenfold on the Monkees next album, Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd., which is generally considered to be among the best Monkees LPs.

Ripped to HQ .mp3 @ 320vbr using EAC's .WAV editor and dbpoweramp w/ LAME 3.97. Flat transfers, no pop removal, surface noise reduction or EQ changes.

Get the More of the Monkees HERE

Get Headquarters HERE

Enjoy!

-Casey

7 comments:

  1. I know it's a ridiculous issue with the new mediafire "politics", but the MORE OF link is already down, while the HEADQUARTERS is still working (right now I'm downloading). Just to let you know ....... and of course because I like to listen to the mono version of the aforementioned.;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's working on my end. Have you tried again?

      Delete
    2. Yes I did, several times, but always: "This file has been identified as a copyright protected work and cannot be distributed using MediaFire."
      And by the way, it has nothing to do with copyrights, at least not necessarily. To me it looks like a randomized error report (for whatever reasons). 2 weeks or so ago I've uploaded one of my very own recordings and it became "identified as a copyright protected work" within minutes. I really have no idea what they are trying to do.

      Delete
    3. Both links should work now.

      Delete
  2. Hi: Both links were dead, pls. help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently mediafire knows these are copyrighted files and wont let me share them. I'll find a new site.

    ReplyDelete